Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website and utilise our app.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website and app, such as which pages you visit on our website, the time and date of your visit and use of our app and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer and mobile device.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
What personal information do we collect?
If you register to use our app, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- bank account and credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, standard web and app log information and timestamps;
- mobile device contacts and information stored on your mobile device where you have expressly granted permission;
- photos you have taken or chosen to upload from your mobile device as your account display picture;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, app, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our app and services;
- to process transactions;
- to facilitate faster handling of transactions and connection to friend wallet details on our app;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our app, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also use your personal information for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and our carefully selected business partners may occasionally send you direct marketing communications and information about our service. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You can opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each of our emails.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- other users of the app to whom you add as a friend through friend requests or transact with, such users will be able to see certain personal information including but not limited to your registered email to allow them to identify you as the other party in transactions;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our website and app and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you and/or provision of Locked Position functions);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- cloud storage providers;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we monitor staff access to personal information and have access time stamp logs in place to identify whom accessed what information and at what time.However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the email set out below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us with details and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.